Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rock That Vote Baby!!!

I've been really praying and searching for answers concerning this election. I haven't been remotely impressed by any candidate in recent history. I think we have let our country fall in a rut. I think we are not getting the best people running for office. We are getting those that have compromised their beliefs and sold their souls for the almighty vote (or dollar). I've been thinking about this for a couple of days and the closer the events come, the stronger I'm feeling about it. There are 2 BBQ's coming up, both being a place of campaigning, one is large the other is huge! I've been praying on this and want to offer the idea out to the world. I plan on asking the politicians if I can pray with them as a group at both events. If I get refusals I have one answer to one question. I really hope to pray with and for all of the political warriors. Now as far as a Presidential choice, I'm writing in Chuck Baldwin from the Constitution Party. They are based on the Constitution and Christian Beliefs. I know he has no chance of winning and I refuse to pray that any particular candidate will win, but I will pray for all of their hearts and that they will experience great conviction with every choice they make. I am looking forward to meeting many people at the Mallard Creek BBQ, and at Mt Zion United Methodist BBQ. I would like everyone to pray that they will respond to me in a positive manner. I also have a prayer I have been praying for the last few weeks. It was written Pastor Thomas Trask and prayed at a fasting and prayer meeting in 1994. I think it is a beautiful prayer and is very much on target. Please join with me in praying this!

A Prayer For Revival

Father God, we come before Your throne to humble ourselves and pray, to seek Your face and turn from our wicked ways.
We have sinned against You, O Lord. We have disobeyed Your clear commands. We have not loved You with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. We have not loved our neighbors as we love ourselves.
Forgive us, O God. Heal our lands. Send a spirit of repentance. Let it sweep across this nation. Let the purging fire of revival begin in my heart and in Your Church. Let it spread through every community, every town, every city in America and around the world.
Establish righteousness, we pray. Let the bad roots that produce the bad fruits be burned out of our lives. Father, we ask that godly leaders would be raised up and elected to public office at every level. And that ungodly leaders will be removed. May Satan’s hold on government be broken and righteous rule be established. May Your kingdom come and Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
This prayer we persistently pray in the name of Jesus and for the glory of God. Amen.
That's it y'all!
Peace and Chicken Grease,
Lee

No comments: