Thursday, February 4, 2016

Unfailing Love Taught by a Disciple of Jesus Christ

February 4 2016  almost a year (Feb.7 2015) since my mom went home to be with the Lord, my dad has made his path into Glory.  

One of my earliest memories was a fishing trip with my dad and my grandpa (mom's dad).  I can remember the pin striped overalls I was wearing, but more importantly I remember bits and pieces of falling into the water and being pulled from the water by the straps on those overalls.  I may have been all of 3 years old.  From the start, my dad has been my hero.  There were times I stepped in the exact same steps as my daddy just because I knew he was great....before I ever even knew how great he really was.  
He was the youngest child of Harvey and Fannie Sossamon.  They were never financially wealthy, but they were rich.  I look at my dad the way I've heard others talk about my grandpa Harvey.  I've heard "If anyone was to ever be with Jesus in Heaven, then it would be Harvey Sossamon", well my dad lived that same kind of life.  I remember several nights, probably more than not, where my dad would have a truck load of people to take home from either the Football field or Baseball field because their parents just didn't show up.  
I have so many thoughts in my mind right now that I want to share that they are all running together.  My Dad is the example of how we should live in Christ.  Was he perfect, No he was a man, but he did his best. He served in the Army and was the only time in his life he didn't live in Cornelius.  He fought Cancer, Heart Failure, suffered a broken heart when he buried a teenage daughter, and suffered another broken heart last year when my mom left this earth. Well Daddy, you're not suffering anymore and you have your brothers, sisters, mom, dad, grandparents, daughter, wife, and your Lord all with in view.  Your only hell in now over and you've stepped in to eternity with our Lord.  I am Blessed to have had a daddy like you.  You taught us so much and I just hope I can continue teaching my children as you taught us.  

I have so many things to say but they are all jumbled right now.  If you know my dad then you know a man that loved Jesus.  If you don't know Jesus, I hope you'll think about the Hope that was in my dad and seek Him for yourself.  The light you saw in my dad......was a direct reflection of Jesus.

No comments: