Thursday, March 26, 2009

Biblical Relevance and What God did for me Yesterday!

Good morning Y'all (now that's a nice southern greeting if I've ever heard one)! I've been a part of a Mens Bible study on Sunday mornings at church. Well we started off in the Book of John and now we are Finishing up the Book of James. If you've ever made a comment about the Bible being okay for back then, but it's not relevant now then You NEED to read James! I've read through James before and it didnt have the same "slap in the face" quality as it has the past few weeks. When we went into the book and really started to read, study and discuss each chapter, I realize how relevant James really is. I've seen things in The Church (mine and many others) that James talks about. I've seen how the world now is also mirrored in what James talks about. Just read James 5: 1-6 and tell me that you dont immediately think of Big Business and the American Economy. I know you're probably thinking that I'm not really going into my complete thoughts and getting fired up like normal. That's because I really want you to read this Very Short book of the Bible. Yes, I think it's that important! If you read James and really think about what it says, and you compare it to your life and the whole world around you....... You'll be moved! One of my favorite moves many of us to action for the Homeless, and that's in James 2.....and no I'm not going to tell you, you have to find it on your own.
But that does lead in to what God did for me yesterday....... As most of you know we help the overflow winter shelters every year from December to the end of March. This is a program known as Room In The Inn. Basically we go to a location in Charlotte where they screen the folks with a breatalizer and send them out to area churches. Well as I dropped everyone off the following morning yesterday one man thanked me for dropping them off at the time I did..... He said it would keep them from having to sit around and wait for a bus, they could just go get on..... That made me feel good. I had been getting a little anxious because it was going to put me about 15 minutes late for work, but with what he said I figured what was 15 minutes when it was used as a service to Gods children? As I drove through Charlotte I was feeling pretty good about my deeds and sacrifice when I looked over and saw a man that was in a condition so much worse than that of anyone we have EVER had stay with us through RITI....... And I was Humbled.

Peace out y'all...and go read the Book of James!
Lee

No comments: