Friday, August 5, 2011

The Ho on the Corner Revisited

Several months ago I mentioned the Ho on the Corner.  I was getting lunch at the time and was thinking about how would someone ever be able to help The Ho.  It would be near impossible to do with out risking arrest.  Well, tonight......LOL!!! No I didn't get locked up!  I was confronted in the local Food Lion parking lot by a Crack Ho.  The first words out of her mouth were Hey (long drawn out hey might I add), where you going?  I just laughed a little bit and replied, I'm going home to feed my dawgs.  (I don't have but one dog and I've been feeding him in the mornings before I leave....it's just been working out better that way.)

Now I wasn't ugly to her, but I wasn't as receptive as she was hoping either.  In other words I was just Not friendly enough that the conversation ended right there.  Then I got in the truck and got to thinking.  Then I said to myself, "Self"  you've been chomping at the bit for an opportunity like that one where you could share just a little bit of Jesus.....and you were too busy to do it.  Wow!  Talk about a slap in the face!  But my wife was waiting to go to Target......How much time is a Soul worth? mmm....  See that's just the thing about trying to follow Christ, when you don't, you're convicted.  The guilt didn't last too long, because another thought entered my mind-- What if that woman at the well was trying to pick up Jesus?  Jesus told her to go home to her "husband".  Then you know what she said, "I'm not married"....but Jesus knew because he asked about the one she was currently with.  This whole thing was like a revelation, Jesus didn't walk away or turn His back.  Jesus, when talking with the woman at the well, gently guide the conversation.
Now I'm looking back figuring I missed an opportunity, but the encounter may have been set up so that I would think about the Bible story in the light I did.  I have to remember that a lesson learned is valuable too.  Maybe instead of taking a chance to share, I needed to take that time to listen.
Yes, God is Good All The Time!

Shalom

No comments: