Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lord Help Me, I'm Falling...

If you haven't noticed yet, the World is in trouble.  Have you been moved by the crash and then roller coaster ride your investments are on? Did the whole "debt ceiling crisis" make you worry?  Does it seem the Natural Disasters are continually getting stronger and more frequent? 

Well folks those are not the problems, they are but symptoms.  They are the signs of the times.  If I didn't Love y'all, I would completely turn my back and not mention it.....but I just can't turn.  I know that we all need to seek Jesus.  I know we all need to ask forgiveness of our short comings.  In no way are you to come to Jesus after you get your life straight.... You are to come to Jesus to get it straight.  Funny how that works eh?  So many people feel that they aren't living exactly right, so they have no place in the Church.  That's just not true!  Then you hear folks talk about the hypocrites in church.... where is there a better place to seek help than at the foot of the cross?  The Truth is, Christians still sin.  That's not saying that Christians continue to live the same life as before the became Christians.  It's saying that they still mess up, and regardless of how unintentional the sin was, it was still a sin.  So what is the difference between those that have chosen to be Christ followers and those that have chosen against it?  Both have sin, check.  Both have been given the free gift of salvation, check.  The Christian accepts the gift, and repents of those sins.  There is a reason that the Christian Life is often called a walk in faith.... Although I have made a decision to follow Christ, I do mess up, but as a follower I am convicted and pray for forgiveness.  The longer I am on this walk, and the closer I build my relationship with Christ, the more proactive my decisions will become.  Will I ever not sin? No, but I may sin less.  If you are currently feeling like you could never measure up and just don't belong in a church....  Get up with me.  You're right that you'll never measure up, except through the Blood of Jesus Christ.  Through Him we are made sinless in the eyes of God.  

No comments: