Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christopher Hitchens, Forest Trees Can't see etc. It doesn't require an Oxford education to know Truth in Christ

Well it has happened to Christopher Hitchens just as it will happen to all those reading (or typing) this right now....We are all going to die.  I read on Friday December 16th that Hitchens had passed at the age of  62.  Many of you are thinking what makes Hitchens a notable character that would require me to take notice of his death.  Hitchens was a self proclaimed "Enemy of God".  He was a non-believer.
Hitchens wasn't your average everyday Atheist, he was against more than just Christian belief.  Hitchens was also against Islamic and Jewish belief as well.  Hitchens also had also been someone that basically said don't believe the hype about "Islam being peaceful".  Most Atheist lean more toward anti Christian than completely anti theist.  Many other atheist come across as being intelligent but continually regurgitate a shallow barrage of one liners that question the Christian faith, but when truly engaged they continue their shallow arrogant one liners and won't or can't defend their position with any fact or personal intellectual thought.  It was often said that Hitchens was a challenging debater that would make you angry during the debate but had a personality that made you want to be his friend afterward.  Regardless of his earthly intelligence, he missed one thing. He didn't accept Jesus Christ as his savior. Now he had reasons to back up his lack of belief, but it wouldn't hold water as a defense when he was receiving judgement at his death.  That little bit of info in the last two sentences has been breaking my heart since I read the news on Friday. The thing is that just because someone may not accept God as being real, God doesn't change He remains real.  God will continue to reach out to that person and will continue to put people in their paths.

John 14:6 clearly says, " 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Then Jesus followed it up with, "7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him."
Many arguments state that because it's so old that it has been changed and is no longer relevant.  If we look at the different translations and compare them to the oldest available version of the same and that argument becomes irrelevant.  Or how about the argument of "the Bible is full of Contradictions".  There are stories that are the same but told differently but they are the same story, this doesn't necessarily mean it's a contradiction.  
Now I will add that many of these schools of atheistic thought are not unintelligent.  They have been well thought out and I can understand, but they are just wrong.     So I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't count out the Bible as Truth.  Before spouting off the same old rhetoric, actually read the Bible.  This World has made our focus on things that are over thought, and take away from the Bible and its content that needs more consideration.  
It's too late for Christopher Hitchens, but it's not too late for you.  
If you truly have questions and aren't just trying to pick a fight, please get in touch with me!  I have some answers, can find more and have some I don't knows but we can work through them.  I don't have all the answers (had to say it again in a different way).  If you're just wanting to change the mind of "the Christian", don't waste your time doing that either....you won't.  I do understand that there is so much that is the hardest, easy stuff to believe and I'm hoping I can help you through some of it.  
* Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and ask Him into your life as your Lord and Savior
 This is the easiest yet the hardest thing to do, but it brings so much peace.  I hope you have a great day and will contact me.
Lee 


No comments: