Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I'm hitting a wall and a New Resolve.......again for the first time

This will probably be the last SossBlog of 2011 and will have implications on 2012.
Year (or last few months) in Review......  The stress of the last several months have taken a toll on me (as I am only speaking for myself, because my family has their own stories of impact and ways of handling it).  As many of you know my parents both have been pretty sick starting about a year ago with my mom's lung cancer surgery.  My dad had continued to worsen in health with some pains causing him to take nitro glycerin and shortness of breath.  He went in for a stint and ended up with emergency by-pass.  A few months after that, he has the same cancer procedure as my mom.  This is all less than the Readers Digest version of these stories but you get a picture,  things just weren't very fun.  Then you add into the mix the friends that I have that are battling cancer as I type and it's just been a whole lot to deal with.  Then to bring the focus back to me, I am currently battling a kidney stone and have been for the past week!  So for the second week I have been hurting at times that has felt like a life threatening situation (which it's not, it just feels that way).  The kicker of the situation is I have medicine to help with the pain, and it does but I spend the next day with stomach cramps, head aches, and cob webs that I just can shake.  The truth is I have had 2 other stones and I feel I have handled them better (with the second on being in question as to whether or not I did).  I don't remember the pain medication ever making me feel this bad before.  Personally I can only figure out one clear difference between this stone and the others......  When I had the others, I was in much better physical condition. 

This is where I need some serious prayer help!
I never make New Years Resolutions, but here is one I have to keep.  I have got to get into better physical condition, point blank!  No beating around the bush, no joking, no laughs here!  I absolutely have got to do this.  I weigh more, and have less energy than I ever have in my life.  I need your prayers to be working with mine on this. 

So here is my list for 2012:

Use my Nikon more
LIVE
Lose the excess weight
Gain Energy

I know some of you have similar needs.  The needs may not all be the same, but if you contact me maybe we can all get together in a support based group or maybe even an exercise group.  It's all just out there right now but the key is it is Out and not cooped up inside anymore.  This is basically a need I have to better serve my God and by doing so, better serving my family and friends. 

I just keep thinking of one of my friends right now that is in the battle of their life.  I keep reflecting how I have felt over the last while and keep realizing "if I feel this bad, how bad do they really feel"....
I also have reflected on the suffering of Jesus and the "thorn in the flesh" of the Apostle Paul....  mine is nothing compared to theirs, but it has taken its toll.....and I can't help but think it wouldn't be as bad if I was in better shape.  Any takers give me a Holla!

If I'm not on before the New Year, have a great Celebration! and if I don't see you before Jesus returns, I'll see you in Glory!

No comments: