Thursday, February 14, 2013

So the World is so confusing? Here's some clarity!

John 14:6  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

 For some reason I have been keeping this as a draft and haven't finished or published it until now.  Did it begin a Blog that was Apologetic in nature?  Was it something a leader in The Church said that got my attention?  I'm not sure.  I do know this Scripture has followed me for several months and I've seen it EVERY time I have written on this site.  

Today, the morning after many of you attended Ash Wednesday services, I have decided to focus on this one Scripture.   First, read the following discussion Jesus was having with His disciples in what we know as John 14:1-14


I Am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life
1"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And you know the way to where I am going." 5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?" 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him."
8 Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." 9 Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.
12"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

If you noticed in verse 5 Thomas asked "How can we know the way?".  Verse 6 is so much more than just a reply to what Thomas asked,  It is a reply to us all.   
So many times we have asked (in one way or another) "Jesus, why should I follow you, who exactly are you?".  


Jesus clearly answers many questions in that one statement..... I am not going to write all the options here.  I want you to study this verse today and really think and pray on it.  


6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

I often read it like Jesus and I are having this conversation and He is speaking directly to me..... I hear Him clarify it as each statement  having "I AM" in it.  "I AM the way,  I AM the Truth, I AM the life"......

I hope this tidbit will bless you abundantly today as you re-read the verse and pray on it.  Let this be a verse you think about all day.  I would love to hear where this leads you today in your thoughts and possibly your actions.  Leave a comment!



Lee







No comments: