Thursday, June 12, 2008

Four Scouts Down

As most of you know Four midwestern Boy Scouts lost their lives this week in a terrible storm. As usual as soon as the storm had passed the other Scouts sprand into action...... I wouldnt expect any less. I'm one of those, although I didnt earn the award, that still see's the Eagle Scout rank as a very prestigious award. I have several friends that have made that rank and I'd trust them with my wallet! My deepest thoughts and prayers go out to the peers and family of the fallen scouts.
This latest casualty reminds me of a flood a few years ago that swept away a foot bridge as some scouts were crossing. They too parrished. All this brings me to one question. If you were to die today, where would you go? Did you answer "Heaven I Hope"? Or maybe "I'm not real sure". "I've been pretty good, and there are several people worse than I am". Unfortunately if you answered Heaven I hope....Then you're probably not going there. If you were going, you'd know.
If you really have given your life to Jesus, then there is no doubt what happens when you die. So many people leave here everyday and dont make the cut. Heaven is so easy to achieve that many people just cant believe in a salvation that is just so simple. All we have to do is turn our hearts to Jesus. Truely ask Jesus to be in your heart and that you accept the forgiveness of your sins that He granted while He was hung on the cross. I am open to discuss this with anyone. I have made the Choice to follow Jesus Christ. I still fall short, but I really strive to be the best Christian I can be. I am a work in progress! Although there are 3 major religions based from the Blood of Abraham, only one is in line with the continual grace provided by God in the Old Testament. Israel prophesied about Him, & Muslims try to overshadow Him and both say He isnt who He said He was. But it is amazing how the Christian Church began as a sect of Judaism, and the Esa (Jesus) movement is huge in Muslim countries.......considering to claim Christianity would be instant death, they follow Esa. If anyone has doubts about what will happen to them when they die, post a comment. Leave an email address and let me know if you want to keep your comment discrete. God Bless You and all those you may contact!
Peace,
Lee

1 comment:

Lee said...

I found out last night that the mom of 2 of my best friends only has weeks to live. She has been battling cancer in her liver for a while now. She came home from the hospital today and Hospice is there at their home. I am a praying man, and I am praying that a miracle will come in the ways of a cure that no one can figure out how other than it being from God. I also pray that His Will be done, not mine. I know God has plans bigger and Greater for her than I could ever dream. I know she has been blessed in her life, and has also experienced the only Hell she will ever know. She will be with Jesus. I have no doubt about that. She pushed her boys to go to church. She wanted her oldest son to start coming to a Friday night Bible study at the Church, and now he is a faithful member of the group. These are my people Lord! What more can I say? I'm still praying for that miracle, but it's not about me.

I'm going to be doing a devotional this coming week, and I'm basing it on the following scripture.
John 3:16-17 (not quoted directly, so look it up to get the real readings)
~God so loved the world that He gave His only begotton son so that who ever believes in Him shall have everlasting life. Jesus came into this world not to condem it, but to save it~

I hope you find that helpful in your walk of faith. It's amazing how a verse that is so popular, still has so much power to pull at your heart.

Thank you all for checking this blog out and I pray blessings on all of you. And please join me in Praying for my friends, their families, and their mom.

Shalom,
Lee