Thursday, June 5, 2008

My friend Russell


Some of you have seen my myspace blog and have commented on them. I love to hear your feedback! I wanted to start one here so I could put links to it everywhere.

Yeah that 's me to the left there...looking kinda scraggley....

Today I wanted to tell everyone about my friend Russell. He is the coolest dude around. He has all the ladies just melting in his hands, in fact they cant keep their hands off him! I met Russell back in the winter and I have thought about him ever since....He's just that kind of guy. I'm sure you know the ones, they just capture your heart the first time you meet?! I often worry about Russell, I wonder if he is okay. I havent seen my friend Russell since March. It was like clock work, we'd meet up on Tuesday nights and fellowship on occassion. Some weeks he'd be there and others he couldnt make it. And on those nights I worried about him. Russell has unlimited possiblities, except for those things society limits him to. He has the whole world ahead of him, literally, and he has quite a different view than most of us. You see Russell is a Young Black Man........ Well let me change that.... Let me tell just a little more into this situation.....

Russell is a child! I met Russell last year when my church started participating in Room At The Inn. Russell was 6 months old and He and his mother are homeless. We saw Russell on a number of Tuesday nights while my church opened up it's youth house to give the homeless a place to eat, shower, do laundry, and bed down for the night. We would head to Charlotte and pick up 10 or so neighbors and bring them 20 mile out of the city so they could have atleast one night where they felt safe and loved. Russell was in our last group we housed and his mom would pass him around to all the folks visiting the house.....you know so she could have just a few moments of Mommy time. That Boy stole the hearts of everyone he came in contact with! He is just that cool of a kid.

You see this is a big problem!!! Like Russell, there are children living on the streets that have no choice! They have no say and are given a very unfair chance in this world! But I guess that's just one more good reason not to hold on to this world!!! " For it too shall come to pass". We had a young mother bring her 6 day old child to stay with us one night, and I promise you! I thought the child was dead!!!! He finally cried later that night when he was hungry, what a relief! But this child was so small, so young....and was born in a hospital and then kicked out onto the streets. Brothers and Sisters we've got to make a change. Where are those striving for a life of Holy Living? I'm not there, but I want more so everyday to get closer to a Holy Life. I want to pull away from so many things this world offers that we are convinced that we need, and all the time it's just getting us one step closer to Hell! We need a Wii or we need an ipod, or we need to eat at that upscale restuarant......NO!!!! We need to feed our people!!!! We need to lead people to Christ and to teach the about Christ! We need to stand up against $4 a gallon gas! We need to Vote out The Republicans! And dont replace them with Democrats!!! We need to find folks that are willing to be held accountable if the crap on the people that voted them in! Party Politics is a SCAM and deep down we all know it! "But I'm voting for the lesser of the two evils" That's Crap too!!! Vote against all evil! Vote for people that care about people! Vote for Truth!!! All this runs together it all stims from greed. Why are we too greedy to give the man at the off ramp a gift card to Chic-fil-a? Why do we judge him on whether he "deserves" it or not? Why dont we simply "feed my sheep"? Why dont we Love one another? Why do we continually push away God?

Peace my People!

Lee

No comments: