Friday, July 18, 2008

The Beard, the glasses, and a smile on empty space....

What will you leave behind? What will people remember about you? I dont mean in the weeks following your death, but years later how will you be remembered? I bring this up because a young man lost his life this past week in my area. It was all because he made big mistakes. I pray this young man didnt die in vain. I pray that my young adult friends learn from his mistakes. One post on facebook referenced " rolling a doobie together last week"..... It seems so many people idolized him, but for what? Because he drank and smoked pot? Because he buzzed a football game in an airplane and endangered hundreds of people? Because he wasnt as good a driver as he thought he was? Did he ever really live or did he just throw it away? I know several people that look at this have never heard of the guy. I know several of you knew him and some of you may be one of those that is putting him on a pedistal. How is is cool to admit smoking a joint or drinking a beer with someone much more respectable than to admit you led someone to Christ? Maybe you didnt lead them to Christ but you introduced them or planting seeds as I like to say. What if other than just having a wild party boy lifestyle, what if he never knew Jesus loved him? What if he never knew about the free gift of forgiveness that Christ has given us? Had he ever heard the scripture known as the suffering servant? Isaiah 53:5 states, "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our sins, the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, by his wounds we are healed."
Right off the bat that sounds just like so much of the other scripture in the New Testament, but that is what makes it even more important that our friends know it...... It's in the Old Testament and was written several hundred years before Jesus was ever born!!! Did I mention Isaiah was a prophet? This scripture was talking about JC, but was told to Isaiah by God.
I really hope one of my friends shared the truth with Tad. I know I have friends that knew him, I just hope the didnt start that "slow fade" and not tell him the Truth they already knew. I'm offering once again to anyone that has doubts, contact me! I dont care what time of day it is, get in touch with me if you have been affected by Tads death, or if you are not sure about where you are going when you die. Trust me, we are all sinners that fall way short of God.....but God loves us and wants to have that personal relationship with us hence Jesus.... and that's why it's called the Good News.
Peace
Lee

No comments: