Thursday, July 3, 2008

Where is your Ministry

With hopes of achieving a B.S. in Religious Studies with in the next few years, I've been frequently asking myself and others "Where is your Ministry". So many people have found the ministry that they are called for. I know some of you right now are backing away from the computer screen, shaking your head, and saying I'm not a preacher! That's okay, you dont have to be a preacher to have a ministry. There are so many opportunities to minister to people and more and more people are not responding to the call. Your Ministry could be as simple as buying Bibles and donating them to little churches in the mountains, to buying bags of burritos and handing them out to the homeless. Maybe you are an awesome baby sitter....maybe your ministry could be working the nursery at church or even tending a child so it's parents/parent can attend church or just get a little bit of rest. What if your ministry takes you to Vietnam or Lebanon? Maybe you feel the burdens of others and really have a knack for making them feel better in times of pain. Maybe you can really keep things organized for people, making their jobs easier. All of these things are different ministry opportunities that God as given us the gifts to do. Not everyone is gifted the same, but each ones gift makes them compatible for certain tasks.
The Bible discribes this using the Human Body. It talks about the Hand not being a Foot and the Eye not being a nose. Basically saying we all have a special gift given to us by The Spirit that makes the whole "Church" work. This all brings me back to the Question, "Where is your Ministry"? I pray that you will all explore what really pulls at your heart. I dont want you to think about what makes you the most money, but what gives you the most spiritual happiness. You know the deep down feeling that tells you, "I just did something very right"! "and I want to do it again". Then, I pray that when you find your ministry, you'll as closely as possible build your career with that ministry in mind. If you love making people feel better and want to help the world...be a doctor.....dont do it for the money.

Father, You are the one that leads us in ways that we sometimes ignore. Please open all of our hearts and minds, so that we will know what you are telling us. Let us know what our gifts are, and the ministries that we are to use them in. Let us closely position our careers so that the two may be the same or very closely related. Thank you Father. In Jesus Name~Amen~

I read from Oswalt Chambers book, My Utmost for His Highest, after I origanally posted this blog. Here is the scripture that was the Heading of the reading I did.

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God....." Romans 8:28
I dont believe the scripture was an accident. I think it was something I was to read for myself and to share with you!
Now go out and make the world a better place!

No comments: