Friday, August 29, 2008

Discernment......God is Good! All the time!!!

Tonight we had a God moment at our Friday night Bible study. We had a young woman show up over half way through the study looking for "assistance". I've learned that most folks in the World believe that Christians are stupid. Well, this woman got a little lesson tonight. She didnt get exactly what she wanted, but she got what she needed. After getting about half a Bible study where the lessons of life were flying directly to her unintentionally on our part, but remember God is Good.... Then she got to be part of prayer time, not once but twice. She got most of our youth pastors sandwich materials, and some bottled water to drink. She also got instructions on where to get more help. Granted she didnt go there, but why would she? Folks looking for a "fix" dont go to the Cops to get help even if that is where the help is. Fortunately my wife and I were at this meeting tonight. We werent going to be there but we were. As soon as she walked to the door, I knew..... I left the group at one point and went to pray about it. I was scared I was being judgemental. As I prayed a peace came over me and the feelings I had at first meeting were solidified. After inspecting the parking lot I went back in through the back door and into the study again. Then it became even more apparent what she was "really" after. She had the shakes, itching, and very jittery. I know I wasnt the only one that noticed all of this because she didnt get money from anyone. I hope everyone reading this takes time to pray before the become "charitable". Sometimes charity is helping keep the person seeking it from getting what they really need. I rarely give cash to anyone seeking help. Cash can buy Crack or Booze, Gift cards cant. Food may get thrown away, but you know they have an opportunity to eat. I really like gift cards!!! Here is why.... After they come down, they can eat. The gift card does not tempt them. Someone could have all intentions of getting food, but that devil drives them down. Jerry Garcia once sang, I went down to the levy and the Devil caught me there. He took my $20 bill and vanished in the air....... That happens too easily some times!!! I guess what I'm saying through all of this is be very giving as often as you can, but do it with Gods guidence. Be smart about how you give. I'm tired y'all so I'm out!
Hope this all reads okay!
Lee

No comments: